Yes, animals are susceptible to the effects of trauma and benefit from energetic healing techniques such as Reiki or Qigong in the same way as humans can. Along with the rise of alternative healing therapies for human beings, new ways to help others in the animal kingdom are being developed. Thus we have not only animal communicators or psychic readers specializing in spiritual connections with your pets, but now there are practitioners whose focus is on healing animals, as well. Melissa Ravenstar is one such gifted healer who has a special talent for applying her gifts to her clients’ pets — and this is important, because they are members of the family and are involved in family dynamics, too!
The Animal Reiki Alliance summarizes the benefits of Reiki for pets as follows:
Animals are highly intuitive and sensitive to the energies of their surroundings. Reiki is a healing energy that can be used alone or as a complement to other healing practices, balancing the energy patterns and strengthening the animal’s natural healing systems. When the animal’s healing are at optimum performance, the body, mind and spirit can heal itself. Reiki can serve animals in the following way
- Maintaining health and well being through regular sessions.
- Aiding in pain management for animals who are ill or injured, as well as post surgery.
- Promoting relaxation and calm for animals with emotional issues, anxiety, separation anxiety or stress (including pre-surgery).
- Increasing bond between human and animal – a great way to ease an animal’s transition to a new home environment or to enhance training your pet.
- Bringing peace and comfort to a dying pet by easing the transition into death.
Note: Reiki is not a substitute for taking your pet to your veterinarian. If your animal needs immediate assistance, please contact your veterinarian immediately.